Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Maisy Update!!

Clearly, a word one is castigated for using in law school (check me out Professor C. "clearly, clearly, clearly...) my daughter is the most beautiful and important baby in China.  I know this because we already have our Pre-Approval.  Oh sure, most of the time it takes 2 to 4 weeks to get the PA, but the CCAA must know that our Maisy is a princess, so, we got ours in 4 business days.  Can't beat that with a stick, Kids!!!  I still can't post pics.  It's killing me.  She is so cute.  Her little cheeks are so round it looks likes she's hiding nuts in them.  Precious, I tell you, just precious!!!
 
Everyone knows I cannot do math.  But, I did figure out that Maisy is only 8 months old last week contrary to the 9 months old previously posted (and reported to me by a wonderful person at GW who will remain nameless.  Maybe she can't do math, either.)  Count the months, though, December 21, 2008 to August 25, 2009 is 8 months and 4 days.  I really am praying that we get to go to China and get her before her birthday.  It would be such a gift if her first steps could be to her mama!!!  Don't walk yet, Little Jolly, wait for Mommy, pretty please!!
 
Nothing else to report.  The kids are back into the swing of things.  I am not impressed with Bobby's Language Arts teacher's advised reading list.  Who thinks 8th graders should be reading the life story of Gary Gilmore or It by Stephen King.  Me either.  I went through the reading list with a marker.  I would be glad to discuss it with the teacher should she take issue with my editing of her list.  The Grapes of Wrath didn't make the list.  Nor did anything by O'Henry, Bret Hart, Flannery O'Connor, Jack London, Chaucer, the Bronte girls, Faulkner, Edith Wharton, Walt Whitman, Alice Walker or Toni Morrison.  I could go on, but you get the picture.  If I want my kid to be obsessed with gore, sex and murder I'll just let him read whatever he wants and then get the movie.  How about offering some actual literature at school?  My daughter believes she has graduated to teacher status.  I'm not sure where she got the idea, but she just tells me she has to go to work every morning and I buy it.  She's pretty bossy.  Maybe she took over.
 
God is amazingly good.  Love to you and yours,
Bobby, Abby and Maisy's mama,
Amy

No comments: