Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentines...

I meant to write this post the day before Valentines Day. I didn't make it.  We had a nice little holiday.  Ben got me a dozen pink roses, a box of my favorite candy, a cookie cake, and two cards, one of which plays a Chicago classic.  We have reached that age where we embarass our kids for kicks and they fall for it every time---SHEER GREATNESS!!  All we have to do is kiss or do some of our 1980's dance moves and Bobby covers his eyes and screams "happy place, happy place."  It's cheap entertainment!  We also took the kids out to eat the traditional Valentines meal of pancakes.  Yes it is.  Check your tradition manual.
 
In the whole Valentine vein I keep going back to the 43rd chapter of Isaiah which says:
But now, this is what the Lord says---
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name;
You are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, Your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.
Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your chidren from the east
and gather you from the west.
I will say to the north, "Give them up!"
and to the south, "Do not hold them back."
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth---
everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.
Lead out those who have eyes but are blind,
who have hears but are deaf.
All the nations gather together
and the peoples assemble.
Which of them foretold this
and proclaimed to us the former things?
Let them bring in thier witnesses to prove they were right,
so that others may hear and say, "It is true."
"You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
and apart from me there is no savior.
I have revealed and saved and proclaimed---I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses, declares the Lord, "that I am God, Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
No one can deleiver out of my hand. 
When I act, who can reverse it?"

I just keep reading that passage (Isaiah 43: 1-13) over and over.  It is my Valentine from the Lord.  I know that He is working for my good and will bring our little Maisy home.  He is unaffected by statistics (thanks for the reminder, Meredith) and I am so blessed to be a witness to His glory and grace. 

 

Oh, I almost forgot---We also watched the movie FIREPROOF for Valentines Day.  I must say it was awesome.  I recommend it to all my friends----married or not.

 

The CCAA is currently matching babies to parents.  Please join me in praying for 30+ days of referrals in this group.  I believe that God is at work in the halls of the CCAA and across the nation of China.

 

We are currently in the process of renewing our I-171H for USCIS.  Our first one will expire in May (they are only good for 18 months) and we don't want to miss our free renewal.  We have new background checks, medical checks and references (had to be new ones---so don't feel slighted if we asked you last time you couldn't do it this time!)  We have to have a new home visit as well.  Everything has been mailed and now we're just waiting on stuff to come back so we can file the form with USCIS and get fingerprinted.  For some people this is a hassle but I'm happy to have something to do that is adoption related.

 

This is LID month 14 for us.  Please continue to pray that we will receive Maisy's referral soon.

 

 

And I leave you with this----On Monday, as we were waiting for Bobby to get out of Boy Scouts, Abby kept telling me that "Jesus loves me" I responded "Jesus loves everybody."  Her response?  "Why?"  And truthfully, I don't know.  I cannot comprehend the love that compelled my Savior to die for me on the cross and to absorb my sin.  He paid my debt with his blood because I couldn't pay it.  That is love.

 

Happy Valentines Day.  May you know True Love.  It will set you free.

Amy

 


No comments: