Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Baby thoughts...

Well, Maisy has more clothes! I have become addicted to buying baby clothes and baby stuff. I just cannot walk past little nightgowns with bunny mittens attached (even if Aunt Laura does say Maisy will hate them and she is going to cut them off). We even have bunny slippers now!

We are doing the nursery in Beatrix Potter so there are plenty of bunnies around there too. Ben has bought Maisy her first “buddy.” Bobby’s was a dog, Abby’s was a bear and Maisy has a bunny. The nursery colors are light sage, yellow and paprika. We have yet to pick a crib. It would help if I could settle on just one.

 I just want to take this opportunity to give some more props to people who really deserve them. The folks at my office at Eagle Ridge Institute are the best. Kisha is the best office manager in the history of managing offices. She listened to every draft of our letter to the officials of the China Center of Adoption Affairs and handed me Kleenex at the necessary moments. Kisha created any form I needed and made copies “just in case.” Thank you so much, Kisha. Jina, our program director, has been incredibly supportive and has taken time out to calm my “new mom” worries. She has gone beyond the professional and been my friend. Thanks, Jina. Mindy, the world’s greatest placement coordinator, how is it that just being around you makes me smile? I will gladly let you share in some quality “baby therapy” when our little Maisy arrives. The Eagle Ridge Executive Secretary, Miss Dorothy, has been very patient with me; having taken time to notarize documents when I know she didn’t have time–even though she insisted that she did. Thank you, Miss Dorothy for all of your encouragement and patience. And to our CEO, John Mayfield, thank you for your support and obvious enthusiasm about our adoption. Your committment to all children and families is inspirational.

As an interesting sideline–our cat, CoCo, who ran away 2 1/2 months ago when we moved into this house, came home this evening. YEA we are all happy and amazed.

No comments: