Friday, December 21, 2012

Go, Jesus!!! It's YOUR Birthday!!!!

December seems like the busiest and shortest month of the year to me. Last December, I was telling myself, "This is the last Christmas without Moxie!" This year, it's the last Christmas without Patrick! I cannot imagine how great next Christmas will be with all my babies home and my baby boy having his first Christmas at 8 years old. It's a long time to wait, but, there is no doubt in my mind that My God, The One who redeems and restores, will give back all those missed Christmas mornings, all the hugs, kisses, and joy that the devil just thought he could steal from our son.

Abby is home from the hospital. The surgery to lower her knee caps, lengthen her tendons and straighten her toes went really well. Thank you for praying for her. The surgery was long, but thanks to the epidural, she never experienced any pain while in the hospital. Thank you, Jesus. We are praying that this surgery will allow her to be ambulatory.

Moxie just toddled in wearing her santa jammies. She hates Santa. Wants NOTHING to do with him. When we took she and Maisy to the mall to see The Jolly Old Elf, Maisy was a little worried that her name would appear on the not-so-popular naughty list. So, when Moxie screamed her head off and was less than friendly to Santa, Maisy just let her take the heat. It was great! I think Maisy was thinking, "Well, hallelujah, I look pretty good next to Moxie. Way to take one for the team, Mox!"

We had our home study visit today. I think it went well. It's just a hoop we have to jump through to bring our sweet boy home. If you haven't checked out our campaign at www.indiegogo.com please do. Fundraising is the only way we can afford to bring Patrick home quickly. We have begun applying for grants and I have requested, and to the best of my knowledge, been granted a flapjack fundraiser at our local Applebees restaurant. We are working hard to bring Patrick home.

This journey to Patrick has brought me into contact with his bed buddy's mama and his best friend's mama and so many other wonderful people! I just don't know how I got so blessed. It certainly didn't happen because I deserved it!!!

This weekend we will be making Jesus a birthday cake at Maisy's request. Initially, she told me she wanted to make Jesus a cake so that He would come to our house and eat it with us. After I explained that Jesus wouldn't be eating cake but that He is always here, she offered to eat his piece of cake for him. Maisy got saved this fall. She understands very clearly what it means to be saved and the nature and consequences of sin. She just thought Jesus might like a birthday cake. My sweet little Maisy turned 4 today!!!! I love her so much. She insisted on putting a piece of her cake in the freezer for Patrick because, "I love him" she said.

So, every day that passes is an opportunity to be blessed and to be a blessing. Go Jesus!!!! It's your birthday and I love you!!!

In HIM!
Amy

No comments: