Friday, February 15, 2008

I’m Not Listening to Rumors…LALALALALALALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After last weeks emotional and physical doldrums I am back with a vengeance!! According to my doctor I am amazing, brilliant and going to live forever. I might have exaggerated a little bit–but not much and I’ll leave it to you to figure out where I tweaked the truth!

As everyone knows I have sworn off looking for info. regarding Chinese adoptions and the CCAA wait time from anywhere except our agency, Great Wall China Adoptions. This is hard for me but I’m keeping my vow–UNTIL NOW–AND I WAS TRICKED!!!! Here’s how it happened, Kids… . I love reading blogs (yes, of people I don’t know and will never meet–stay with me here) and so I linked to a link from a link and WHOOPAW–it was the Rumor Queen. Now, I did not intend on clicking into the madness and negativity, but there I was. Did I read it? Only a teeny bit–really just long enough to figure out what it was and then I stopped. OH! that just makes me so mad. How in the cornbread heck does this Rumor Queen person know anything that I don’t know? That’s right–they don’t. I am not buying into the madness. I believe that the wait times are going to get shorter and my advice (in direct opposition to Rumor Queen’s) is that if your heart is leading you to adopt from China then you DO IT!!! I try to remind myself daily that “Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” I have a very certain and hopeful faith that my little Maisy is in China. So, HELLOOOOO, gotta go to CHINA to get her!! It will happen in God’s time. Done Deal, Kids!!

Would you believe that there are those, shall we call them JOY SUCKERS, who have asked me why, considering my apparently difficult and burdened existence, I would want to adopt a child? “‘Cause ya know,” previously mentioned JS blabs,”You are diabetic and have a disabled child and blah, blah, blah….” My answer, well no freakin’ kiddin’! I’m also in excellent health, have a wonderful marriage, and apparently have the ability to sort through mountains of stinky negative BS and live to love another day! Nanny, Nanny, Nanny! But seriously, we always wanted more kids and we have the ability and energy to take care of them. And yes, I have noticed that I have a disabled child–It’s hard not to notice the bossiest person on the planet. But, News Flash, I have another child who is not disabled and he takes just as much time, energy and love to form into a decent, moral, happy little human. And exactly what, I ask the previously mentioned Joy Sucker, business is it of yours if Ben and I want to love another child. Exactly–NONE!! Ya see, Kids, it’s like this–There is nothing wrong with a strong network of siblings to love and support one another and to rely upon as adults. (Sure, Laura and I carry it out like there’s nothing to it and there’s only two of us–but remember–well, we’re us and she runs a small third world country while I fight crime in my new red push up and a Mercury Grand Marquise!) There is also nothing wrong with me wanting to have a different kind of relationship with Maisy then I do with Abby. It is not selfish and I don’t feel guilty. I love all of my children uniquely because of who they are and they are all “my favorite.” So, Joy Sucker, if it makes you mad that I can love another child and that I’m going to live happily to fight crime, conquer stupidity and cross my husband’s eyes with unabashed exotic hotness–I say that’s just tough nuts for you. I’m gonna hitch up my new red braissiere, buckle my seatbelt, turn up the radio and flip off the Devil…My babies need me!

Lots of love to you and yours–I’m feelin’ it today, Kids. Amy

Here’s a funny for ya–My hilarious sister, Laura, said that if you named your kids after things you loved hers would be named Jimmy Choo and Manolo Blahnik. She cracks me up!

No comments: